Compiler Engineer (Senor & Junior positions available)
Job Location: Santa Cruz, CA. Relocation provided.
We are a team working on producing the highly optimizing compiler for a family of 32-bit RISC processors. We need an engineer like you to work on a world-class highly optimizing compiler that produces fast, tight code to help customers develop sophisticated embedded applications.
You will work on code generation and optimization areas of the compiler. You will have the opportunity to work on other areas of compiler as well. The tools require product level quality and therefore you will perform software testing using commercial as well as in-house test suites and tools.
* Implement language extensions and new library functions
* Maintain and optimize run-time libraries
* Run, and report industry standard benchmarks such as EEMBC, Dhrystone
* Analyze benchmarks to determine areas of potential performance improvement
* Port, tune, and run customer codes and benchmarks
* Enhance existing compiler optimizations and add new ones
* Perform software QA testing using industry standard packages as well as in-house tests for multiple Operating Systems (Windows, Red Hat Solaris)
* Report on performance regressions and correctness
* Help the support team diagnose problems
* Provide support to internal as well as external customers
* Isolate compilation problems and implement solutions
* B.S/M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering
* Working knowledge of compiler phase structures, program representation, program optimization and transformation techniques, code generation, instruction and loop level parallelism, thread-level parallelism, process-level parallelism, vectorization.
* RISC architecture experiences a major plus.
Experience and background in the following areas are beneficial:
x86, x64, and POWER instruction set & register architectures, C/C++ language features, and CPU micro-architectures.
* The candidate needs hands-on knowledge of Windows, Linux or Unix
* Strong analytical problem solving skills are necessary.
* Good communications skills are an advantage.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Interested candidates can send a resume in confidence to email@example.com for consideration.